from the AP newswire:
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Selma Blair has filed for divorce from actor-writer Ahmet Zappa after two years of marriage.
Blair, 34, filed her petition Wednesday in Superior Court. The couple have no children.
Her screen credits include roles in "Cruel Intentions," "Legally Blonde" and "The Sweetest Thing." She stars in the upcoming "Purple Violets," directed by Ed Burns.
Zappa, 32, is the son of the late musician Frank Zappa.
okay, this leads me to many questions:
1. why was this even reported?
2. did it really need four paragraphs?
3. does the phrase "directed by ed burns" really mean anything other than it's probably gonna be quite boring and pretentious, and that he's gonna be starring in it because he's the only one who would hire himself? honestly, the guy's only made one halfway decent film. why not just say "set decoration by mila khalevich"?
4. since when does ed burns not need "writer and director of 'the brothers macmullen'" after his name to give credence to him? how about, "writer and director of 'she's the one'"? or 'sidewalks of new york'?
5. how much longer does ahmet zappa have to live for him to add something to "Zappa, 32, is the son of the late musician Frank Zappa"?
6. why did i read this?