Monday, August 01, 2005

how did they think this would work

this is an actual e-mail i got. seriously. i didn't change a word. i just can't believe that someone thought this was a good idea for a scam - and that this might work, and they chose, of all people, ME to be the benificiary of nine million dollars. obviously they are in awe of my financial skillllzzz.

anyway, here it is, unedited, from my junkmail inbox.

Dear Mr Steve,

Compliment of the day to you,

With view of your profile l decided to tell you everything about me to enable you face the fact and help me out.

My name is Judith Halima Makaolou and am here in Cotonou, Republic of Benin West Africa with my junior brother David and we are from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) but here in Cotonou as a result of the war in my country.

We entered as a result of the war in my country which lead to the death of my father and mother living me and David alone on earth. And here in Cotonou, we entered as refugee. I am still a student studying medicine and David engineering before the out break of the war in my country. I am 25 years of age and David is 22.

Please we need your assistance and that is why we are writing you now.

My father is a former director of mining in The Democratic Republic of Congo and he was assassinated by the rebels. Before the death of my father, he used my brother's name to deposit some money as his next of kin in a FINANCE SECURITY COMPANY.

THE TOTAL AMOUNT DEPOSITED FOR US IS VALUED AT $9 MILLION DOLLARS.

And my brother is standing as the beneficiary but cannot lay claim because they do not allow refugees to operate account in the bank and the finance company has contacted us to come and have our fund cleared. Every legal document for the deposit is very safe with us.

All I need from you is to help us get the total money transferred into your account once we change the beneficiary in your name and favour.

The money is a very large money and we don't know how to manage the fund or keep it and that is why we are asking you to help us transfer it to your account oversea or to your account in your country and also manage the money in partnership with my brother for investment business in your company or any other place.

WE NEED THE FOLLOWING TO ENABLE CHANGE THE BENEFICIARY IN YOUR FAVOR SO THAT YOU WILL BE STANDIND AS THE OWNER AND THE FINANCE COMPANY WILL CONTACT YOU FOR THE TRANSFER;

YOUR FULL NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
YOUR TELEPHONE AND MOBILE AND FAX LINE.

ONCE WE RECEIVE ALL THIS AND YOUR TELEPHONE ASSURING US YOUR READINESS AND WILLINGNESS TO HELP US CLEAR AND CLAIM OUR MONEY AND ASSURE US ALSO OF HELPING US TO INVEST THE MONEY IN YOUR COUNTRY.

WE WILL CONTACT YOU FOR FURTHER DETAILS AS TO HOW TO MAKE THE CLAIM OF THE FUND AND ALSO WE WILL SUBMIT FOR THE CHANGE OF THE BENEFICIARY IN YOUR FAVOR TO ENABLE THE FINANCE COMPANY TO TRANSFER THE MONEY TO YOUR ACCOUNT IN YOUR COUNTRY.

We wait your urgent reply.

Thank you.
Best regards,
From Judith Halima and David


awesome.

No comments: