after the giants-titans debacle on sunday, i grumpily walked over to the bar to settle my tab. while waiting for the bartender, i watched these two guys, who by all accounts were very good friends, settle their own.
it was, in a word, strange.
i'm gonna try and recount it.
okay, here goes it:
- "hey man, i think you owe $25 and i owe $22, because when you take into account the extra beer..."
- "yes, but you're not taking tax into consideration."
- "i think i am. that's why the split should be 25 to 22."
- "are you sure? with tip, i think it's more $24 for me, and $23 for you. check it out."
the guy takes the bill and analyzes it.
- "i'm not sure. maybe we can borrow a calculator."
a calculator! for a dollar! it's so ridiculous, i'm using exclamation points!
imagine if they hated each other. or if their team blew a 21 point lead in the fourth quarter.
shit. i'm in a bad mood again.