my grief counselor gives me homework after every session, and i figured that, even though my meetings with him are private, i tend to share everything with everyone anyways.
so here's the homework i filled out:
10 THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MYSELF
1. I always put other people before myself.
2. I make myself laugh. Hard. And often.
3. My wife and kid love me, so I’m doing something right with them. In fact, I’m following in my parents’ footsteps as a good parent and spouse.
4. I would do anything for the ones I love. Anything.
5. People tell me that I look at the world differently, I take that as a compliment.
6. I try to imagine what others are thinking before I react.
7. I try to never hurt someone’s feelings…
8. …Unless it’s for their own good, in which I become stand up and blunt.
9. I’m extremely open-minded and tolerant.
10. I can admit when I’m wrong.
10 THINGS I DISLIKE ABOUT MYSELF
1. I can’t wait to show off how smart I am.
2. I’m not selfish enough. In fact, I’m not selfish at all.
3. My knees limit me.
4. I have trouble staying in shape, and that bothers me.
5. I procrastinate, sometimes to the point of rudeness.
6. I’m devastated when others don’t treat me how I treat them, even when that level is unrealistic.
7. I continually get taken advantage of, and I let it happen.
8. I’m too ambitious for my own good and rarely finish anything.
9. I’m slow to react, and I rarely ever throw caution to the wind. Both of these are because I overthink everything.
10. When I don’t care about something, I’m unmotivated to do anything about it.
5 THINGS I WANT TO CHANGE ABOUT MYSELF
1. I’d never give up playing basketball.
2. I’d work less and be home for playtime.
3. I’d be more organized.
4. I’d stick to resolutions for more than two weeks.
5. I’d speak up for myself more.